Convalidating a catholic marriage Free chat with beautiful girls no signup no registration

My name is Father Byrd, and I understand that you are seeking to regularize your marriage within the Catholic Church, and this is the letter I normally send as an initial contact for couples like you.

Normally when a couple contacts us in these situations, they are seeking what is called a convalidation.

First, let’s be clear that divorce and annulment are utterly different.

One erroneously says an indissoluble marriage covenant can be ended before death (divorce), and the other truthfully says that sometimes an attempt at marital consent doesn’t really “make marriage” because of some defect (annulment).

Couples who have been together for a short time would likely be asked to go through the marriage prep program in total, but couples who have been together for years would not.

To seek a convalidation is to acknowledge that the civil marriage one is in is not valid in the eyes of the Church, and it is to ask the Church to permit one to perform a simple vow ceremony before a proper minister of the Church, and to ask for the Church’s blessing upon the union, so that the union you are living may be seen with validity (convalidly) by the Church as a marriage sacrament (presuming both parties are baptized).

Please keep in mind that just because the Church may not recognize a civil marriage as valid when it involves Catholics, this does not mean that the Church is declaring children conceived prior to a convalidation as illegitimate.

Each diocese has its own requirements for marriage prep, so check with the church where you’ll be getting married to see what program(s) are recommended or required in your diocese.

Below are some widely-used marriage preparation programs and other resources for engaged couples.

Leave a Reply